Our residents’ health and safety is our first priority during the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic.
We are grateful that the Leisure World of Maryland community currently has no known COVID-19 diagnoses, and we are determined to take whatever measures we can to maintain that status.
Using guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and state and county public health authorities, we have taken the following steps:
- Cancelled Leisure World Community Corporation governance meetings until further notice
- Strongly urged all clubs, groups and organizations to postpone meetings and events (most have done so)
- Closed our Fitness Center and Indoor Pool complex until further notice
- Worked with janitorial contractors to enhance cleaning protocols
- Notified all residents, employees and contractors of CDC recommendations for maintaining personal health, including limiting face to face interactions and staying home if necessary
- Provided continual communication to all residents and employees regarding decisions affecting the community
We will continue to monitor statements and recommendations from local, state and national public heath authorities and take additional steps as needed